Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Book Haul: Lifeline Book Fair

Friday, June 26, 2015
Lifeline:
Lifeline provides telephone crisis support and suicide prevention service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each year, Lifeline holds popular bookfairs in the Sydney region. The bookfairs attract many book lovers and collectors and support Lifeline’s life-saving work. Books are donated throughout the year and are sorted, priced and categorised ready to be sold at our bookfairs.
The Lifeline Book Fair kicked off today at Ashfield and I was able to get my hands on some awesome books!! The money goes towards a good cause: funding a non-profit organisation and their valuable services in the community. There was such a large variety of books on sale from classics, to crime, gardening, travelling, young adult, children and loads of fiction books. The majority of books were priced $2 to $4. My sister and I left the fair with 8 books (two of them hardcover) for $25. Bargain!


Here are some pictures of the hardcover copy I purchased of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. So pretty and it was only $3!!!




We then headed to Kmart and in the book section I found a copy of this book on the shelf which scanned for $1!! (Usually when I find titles that only have one copy on the shelf or is a little worn, I scan the barcode at the price checker machine and if I'm lucky they can be either 50c or $1) I was so happy to find this title because it's quite recently published :D

Happy reading~!

0 comments: