Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Review: Nick and Norah Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Saturday, July 5, 2014
Summary from Goodreads:
It all starts when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes. He only needs five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who’s just walked in to his band’s show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City – and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date.
The reason I completed this horrendous book was so I could count it towards a challenge :/ straight off the bat I knew that I wouldn't connect with any of the characters. They unnecessarily swore (50+ f words in one chapter?!) and they were irresponsible hormone-driven teenagers. I hated Norah the most who was always going on about how a high achiever and good girl she was when her appalling behaviour and attitude conveyed the complete opposite. Straight laced she tells us? She sends her drunk and passed out friend to the back of the van of some strangers and throw them her address and house keys for good measure while she goes and frolicks with Nick! What the heck?!?!

The story was a mess, things made no sense and one crazy thing lead to another with no end in sight. When the ending arrived, I was completely dissatisfied and my final thought was that I should have read a hundred odd pages of the dictionary (to boost my vocab rather than getting the f word thrown at me a hundred times) instead of this disaster of a book. Complete waste of time.

0 comments: