Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Surfing Sunday - November 15

Sunday, November 15, 2009
Spells (Wings, #2)
Book Cover of SPELLS by Aprilynne Pike

Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever. When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?


SPELLS is the title of the sequel to Aprilynne Pike's WINGS. This one has flowers too! Again, there is also the water ripples (what do you call those that make outward circles?)
I Somehow feel this looks more real than the WINGS US cover. I always thought WINGS was a watercolor painting (I don't have a copy of the US but the UK version, so I'm not sure how it looks in real life) Nevertheless, the cover is gorgeous!!!
I wonder what the UK version of SPELLS looks like?

SPELLS is out May 4th 2010!
I'm rooting for David and Laurel but I have a feeling Tamani and Laurel will be together and David will get with Chelsea :*( I'm still really excited to read about Laurel's adventures though!

A favourite quote from Goodreads
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss

I love quotes that are meaningful and make me think!


0 comments: